Discover the basics of copying, selecting, moving, and transforming shape layers in Adobe Photoshop.
- Here we're going to look at moving, copying,…and transforming shape layers.…To move the shape layer, we just need to be…in the move tool, and we can just drag it around,…provided we are on the right layer.…To copy the shape layer, "Command + J",…or "Ctrl + J", will give me a copy directly on top…of the original.…I can then just move that off, or I can hold down "Option"…or "Alt" as I drag it away from the layer,…to create a copy.…Once we have multiple copies, it's easier…to select them using Auto Select.…
That's the option up here, the option that relates…to the Move tool.…I can turn on Auto Select, but I prefer not to do that,…rather to leave it turned off, but to toggle to it…by holding down the "Command" key.…So if I need to select this layer, rather than…having to hunt and peck on my Layers panel…to find which one that is, I can just "Command"-click…on that layer, and it selects it for me.…If we want to perform path operations,…then we need to make sure that the actual path…of the shape layer is selected.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 32m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.