Learn how to use layer blend modes.
- [Instructor] Blend modes are a fantastic addition…to the layer capabilities inside of Illustrator Draw.…I've got my own drawing up here just to show you…for demonstration.…You can, of course, follow along if you wish…with your own drawing.…And I've got this cartoon of one of my dogs, Jesse,…to help me to illustrate that, although I must point out…this is quite a big and involved topic.…Now, I do cover it in some more detail inside of my…course on Photoshop Sketch, but you could also look…at one of the many Photoshop courses that discuss…blending modes as well.…
It can get quite involved.…So here is the cartoon, and what I have are a couple of…hidden layers here.…I'll go to this layer, SHADOW, and double-tap…on its thumbnail to toggle its visibility.…And you can see that what I've done here is essentially…paint with a solid gray across areas…that I would like to shade.…If I just double-tap the layer beneath to hide that…for a second, you can see perhaps more clearly…exactly what I've done.…
So let's restore that and what I'm going to do now…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.