Learn how to add a new layer and use blending modes.
- [Instructor] Okay, in this movie,…we're going to take a look at blending modes.…Now, blending actually begins with opacity,…and then blend modes change calculations around opacity.…Now this is discussed in slightly more detail…later on in the course in the chapters…on Draw and Photoshop Sketch.…It's discussed in an awful lot more detail…in many of the Photoshop courses…that you'll find on the lynda.com online training library.…
And for the middle ground, you might want to check out…blend modes inside of my course on Photoshop Sketch…where there's a little bit more elaboration…but not so much as to bother you…with things like the actual calculation themselves.…So, it's sort of the middle ground,…but plenty of places you can learn about it.…Let's contextualize it a little bit…by adding a new layer into this styracosaurus comp here.…By the way, you can see that mine's now being cut out…and it's had a color look applied to it here,…just four or five minutes on my iPad with that…and that's all done nicely.…
I'm going to tap the plus at the top of the stack…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.