Learn how to add a new drawing layer.
- [Narrator] If you plan on drawing anything…more complex than stick figures in Illustrator Draw,…then you're going to find layers to be…an indispensable feature of the product.…So here I've got my own drawing up just to demo.…You can use your own drawing of course.…To add a new layer, all you need to do is…to go to the top of the layer stack on the right-hand side,…and choose draw layer from there…and a new layer is added.…Now it's added above whatever was…the current layer before it, and you can identify…the current layer because it's highlighted…as you can see at the moment.…
I want this to be underneath the artwork…that exists there already, so I'm going to…long press on the thumbnail and then drag it…to where I'd like it to be in the stacking order.…I'm also going to change its name,…because when you've got a whole stack of layers,…you'll just have to trust me that it is much easier…to find them by name than it is often…on the layer thumbnail.…So I'll tap on the thumbnail and I get this range…of options to perform with layers,…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.