Learn how to use the square as well as the brand new layout grid in Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] There are also some new layout capabilities,…so as I select this web layout,…right over here, with this title selected,…I can see off to the side, I can turn on grid,…which is set to square.…Turning that on, it says the square size is eight.…I can make that something like 20,…an I can start to adjust content accordingly.…I can feel it snap, so this works out pretty well,…considering I'm using this square grid,…and I can easily make this default…and a move forward to making these other layouts,…but I'm going to go beyond that because…I can actually change the grid to layout.…
So, this is a layout grid.…Gives me 12 columns, specific gutter width, column width.…You get the idea.…In fact, you can even have padding around it.…So I can say, hey, you know what,…let's make sure the padding around all sides…is going to be, say, 50 all the way around,…and it will give me that accordingly.…Notice how it changes the column width…because it's all based on this locked number.…Okay, so we can always change this back.…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.