See how to use assets from other UI kits like iOS, Google Material, and Microsoft Windows.
- [Instructor] You also have UI resources…at your fingertips if you go to File,…Get UI Kits, right in here IOS, Google Material,…Microsoft Windows.…I'm going to go into IOS since that's what I'm making,…an iPhone app.…As I select that, I can see it open up.…Sure enough, right down here,…it does link out to a browser because…they often update this but I can download this file.…Just read that agreement thoroughly and…you can have access to all of those elements,…you can see some of them right here,…to implement because actually what I need is…I need a status bar at the top so…I'm just going to show you the zip file,…unzipping these assets.…
Of course, install the fonts and then…once you do that you have a number of options in here.…I'm actually going to use this…UI Elements Design Templates Guide…so this is really just a lot of the elements…that you end up using but you can see…any time that you want to use a keyboard,…or even use any sort of like pop up…you have those already made in XD.…In this case, I'm going to keep this quite simple and…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.