The one feature of XD is that is getting rave reviews is the Repeat Grid feature. In this video we create a card based layout and use the Repeat Grid to create a series of scrolling cards.
- Our card is complete,…and now what we have is a huge problem.…Because we need to have four cards, not just one.…And they've all got to look the same.…And you saw how much time it took…just to create one card,…and if you want to go through that process three more times…knock yourself out.…I, being a firm believer in the maxim…let the software do the work,…I'm going to do just that.…Inside of Experience Design is a killer feature,…it's called the repeat grid.…And what you do is you select the object…that you want to repeat,…and you come over to the properties panel…and you click repeat grid.…
And you'll notice it has two handles on it,…there's a green one here…that'll make the repeat horizontally…and if we drag down here it'll do it vertically.…So I'm going to just zoom out to 50 percent…and show you what I'm talking about here.…So I'll zoom out to 50 percent.…And I got to scroll up,…and I'm just going to pull this down one, two, three.…
Four cards.…And there we go.…And I'm going to zoom back in,…because there's another feature I want to show you.…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.