Learn how to create and use character styles in Adobe XD with expert Paul Trani.
- Just like with colors and symbols you can make…character styles an asset as well, and I'll show you…what that looks like because I happen to have this text…right here and it's just plain old Arial, so I might want…to just play with the size, maybe adjust the spacing…in between the letters, I'm just basically making…something more unique, let's bring that up to 150.…Okay, spacing that out, let's pick a more…interesting character as well.…I'm going to pick any sort of font,…Athelas is not bad, but let's go down here,…I'm going to still keep it somewhat straightforward,…and I really like Avenir, in fact, let's go…Avenir Light, okay, this is just a more…elegant font than what I had, than Arial.…
So that's what I want to go with, in fact,…let's make this about 300, something like that,…Very spacious, very clean, I made this change,…well, I want to keep this character style.…I can add it right over here.…Adding that Avenir Light 80 point.…Guess what? I need to use that everywhere,…so I'll just zoom out, I can see all of this text down here…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.