Having a few dozen artboards is nice but the power of XD is unleashed when you add interactivity through the Prototype panel of XD.
- To this point in the chapter,…I have spent a lot of time talking…about the design features of XD.…But there's this little panel over here called Prototype,…and if you click it, you're going to go into Prototype view.…So let's take a look at how all that works.…And to get yourself started,…open the Prototype file…that's located in your chapter one exercise folder.…And when it opens, just click Prototype,…and the first thing you should notice is…the tools all disappear, and the properties panel is gone.…
The purpose of the Prototype panel is to…add the interactivity and motion between the art boards,…or as I tell my students, this is where the magic happens.…So let's take a look at some of this magic.…You'll notice that the Main has a little house beside it.…What that tells you is that this is the first screen…the user will see, so this is the start…of the user experience.…If you don't want that to be the screen,…you can come over to another art board.…
For instance here, we'll just click on Extra,…and we will click on the little house,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.