The properties Panel is a key area in XD. This video shows you how to harness its power.
- [Instructor] What we're going to talk about here…is the properties panel.…That's this panel over here.…And as I mentioned earlier, it is context sensitive,…so if you want to work along with me,…open up the properties file…in your chapter one exercise folder.…And when it opens, you'll see an image…of a terra cotta warrior, some text for terra cotta warrior,…a box, and a good old Twitter icon.…Now, these are common things that you will put…on an art board.…And the properties panel, as I said, is context sensitive.…So, if I click on the image here, you can see that…I can give it a fill.…
I can give it a border.…Okay, so we can give it a border here of say, five pixels.…And we can change the color.…We'll change the color to black.…You can see, there's the border around it.…You can set its width and height.…You can change the width and height, by the way.…If you're going to change any of these, width, height,…make sure that the lock aspect ratio lock…is selected or closed.…And you can even effect the opacity right here, see?…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.