Sketch 3, an application for Mac onlye, is very popular among UX designers. In this video learn how to export Sketch images and line art for placement in XD.
- [Instructor] An application that has gained…a lot of traction within the UX design community…is Sketch 3 from Bohemian Coding.…This Mac only application is very flexible…and it allows you to create various projects…with multiple size artboards,…and then just get them ready to go…for mobile design and mobile output.…And that's what we're going to look at in this exercise.…How do we get our stuff from Sketch 3 into XD.…So to get yourself started, open up the Xian file,…that's located in your Sketch folder.…
Which is found in your chapter three download.…So the first thing we want to do…is we want to get this image out, okay?…Now, be aware of one thing before we start.…Notice that this is the artboard size, okay?…So that's the same size that we've been using in XD.…The problem is is the iPhone 6 has twice…as many pixels as a regular device,…so that means that the images have to be two times bigger.…And we're going to have to output them…so that they fit right into our 375 by 667 screen in XD.…
So here's how you do that.…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.