Badges and avatars are common design elements when it comes to creating screen layouts. Learn how easy it is to turn a shape into a mask with what seems to be a single mouse click.
- [Instructor] Creating masks inside…of Experience Design is actually dead simple.…You just need two objects and one goes over…the other and creates a mask…and it's literally a one-click process,…so let's take look at how all that works.…So, open up a brand new document inside of XD.…In this case, I've opened up an art board…that's iPhone six seven…and what I want to do is import an image…so we're going to pop over to our chapter three download…and I'm just going to drag the warrior one image…in here, just like that.…
Now all you need to do is use a vector shape,…that's what you use to mask,…you can use the square or the rectangle,…you can use the ellipse and you can use the pen tool…if you want to draw squiggly shapes.…We're going to create an avatar here for this guy.…So I'm going to put the center of the drawing point…right on his nose and with the option shift keys all down,…you guys on PC that would be alt shift.…Just drag out a circle, that draws out perfect circle,…and then you come over to the selection tools,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.