The ability to add content to layers is a huge productivity boost. In this video learn how layers improve your workflow.
- If you use Photoshop, Ghostreader, Sketch…or some other drawing or imaging application,…you're quite familiar with the concept of layers.…Therefore it should come as no surprise…that there is a layers feature built into XD.…So let's take a look at it.…And to get yourself started…open the layers file…that's in your chapter one exercise folder.…When it opens you'll see that we've got…a number of our boards right here.…And we're going to take a look…at some of the layers features.…Now, how do you get at the layers panel?…Well it's right here, it's this little icon right here,…so you roll over and it says layers.…
Click it.…And what it does first off, is it opens up…the art board panel.…It just lists all the art boards in the document.…And if I wanted to look at Xian here,…I would just double click on the icon for Xian…and you notice it zooms in puts the art board where I want…to work right in the center of the screen.…These are the layers.…This is the repeat grid, right here.…There's the explore text, there's the status bar,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.