Learn how to create, reuse, and update symbols in Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] Symbols become essential…as you start building out multiple screens…and that's what I want to do here with this…web screen selected, this art board,…I can do command D, control D if you're on a PC…and this next screen can be,…say for instance, Pikes Peak.…So for this screen, if I happen to change this text,…I want to change this from hikers to climbers,…well I have to change it everywhere, okay?…And really I don't want that to be the case…because I want to open up my assets panel…and we could already see I have colors in here…but now I'm going to add symbols,…so for this text right here, I'm going to add that as a symbol.…
Routes, everything that gets a duplicated…I add to the symbol library…or assets panel if you will,…as I start to bring all of those in.…In this case, I can have all four elements…or really just going to be one symbol…brought in here just like that, okay?…So now all I need to do is,…and this is really what I love,…is I can drag say for instance this magnifying glass out…and we can see the difference between these two.…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.