One feature missing from XD is access to your Creative Cloud library. In this video the author demonstrates what he calls a "Dirty Cheat" that lets you add Creative Cloud color themes to an XD document.
- [Instructor] Though Experience Design is…a Creative Cloud app, you'll may have noticed…you have no access to your Creative Cloud libraries.…And especially when it comes to custom colors,…you can create custom colors using Adobe Capture,…those colors will move into your library,…and you can't use them in XD.…Well, yes you can, but it's a little bit of what I call,…a dirty cheat.…So let's take a look at how all that works.…So I'm going to just pop over to Illustrator.…And what I've got is my Creative Cloud library open,…as you can see.…
And I've got all my little color themes in here.…And all I have to do,…is take a screenshot of just this area.…I can do the same thing in Photoshop.…So if I come over to Photoshop,…got my Creative Cloud library open,…and by the way, if you've got this,…this is some times a little difficult,…you want big areas, so go with the items as icons,…and you'll see that you've got…the names of the themes you've set,…and again, take a screenshot of the themes.…
So, now what do we do?…Well, that's real simple, over to XD,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.