The Repeat Grid feature of XD does a lot more than create scrolling content. Discover how simple shapes cab used to create the grid and how a simple drag and drop operation of text and images adds a little magic to your workflow.
- [Instructor] In chapter two, we took a quick look…at the repeat grid and in this exercise…we're really going to take a look at this…rather stunning feature that's been built into XD…by the wizards at Adobe.…So to get yourself started,…open up the RepeatGrid.xd file that's located…in your chapter three download.…It's in the repeat grid folder,…and when it opens you'll see that we're going…on a visit to the warriors again,…and we've got a blank screen.…So the plan is fairly simple.…What we're going to do is instead of having…these stacked images here,…we're going to put them into a repeat grid.…
So the first thing I want to do is get all this stuff…over here.…So I'm just going to select it all with the selection tool,…holding down my Option or Alt key.…Click hold drag and I'm just going to drag a copy of that over,…and I'm going to make sure that it's at zero zero,…and we're good to go.…All right so let's get started.…So we're going to draw a rectangle.…So you're going to choose the rectangle tool…and just draw a rectangle, just like that,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.