Learn how to add transparency to images and drop shadows to text so content is easy to read.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Adding transparency and drop shadows…is a great way to have your content stand out…and that's what I wanna do here.…Because for this background what I'd like to do is…make it a little darker so this text is more legible,…so I can select that background…right over here in the appearance panel,…I can adjust it and make it darker.…Now I'm not really making the background darker,…as I'm making it transparent because what's behind it…is black, okay, so, just do Command + Z to move that back.…
But I'm just gonna bring this down a little bit.…I don't wanna bring it down a lot…because it's gonna wash out this image.…In fact, I'm just gonna take it down to about 85%, okay.…And I want this text to still stand out more,…so I'm gonna give it a drop shadow.…So selecting that text and I can do this…for any item, any graphic that I can select.…Right down here, appearance panel,…checking that box, it just added a shadow…but it's pretty subtle so let's change the color.…So look at how it's actually pretty transparent as well,…
This course shows everything you need to know to design your first website with Adobe's new prototyping app. Learn how to lay out a design, import graphics, and add headers and body copy. See how to create complex screen designs with repeating lists and grids that are as easy to change as they are to create. Then find out how to add new pages and use screen elements from the iOS, Android, and Windows UI kits that are built right into Adobe XD. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to demonstrate how the website will "work" from one screen to the next. Plus, learn how to share a fully interactive prototype with other designers and clients, and export artboards and other assets to use in site development.
- Creating and importing graphics
- Adding text and effects
- Creating new pages
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Prototyping an entire website
- Sharing and exporting prototypes