Text is not just the gray stuff that goes around images and line art. In this video you will learn how to use the Text tool and the Properties panel to reinforce your communication objective.
- [Instructor] Obviously, having some gibberish in here,…in the card, just doesn't tell anybody anything,…so we're going to have to replace that with something,…so what we're going to do is we're going to delete it,…right there, we're just going to delete…that little text block there,…and I'm going to show you how to bring text into XD.…What you do is, you go to File,…Import, and I want you to head over…to your Chapter two exercise folder,…and you'll see that there is a Lorem text file in here,…so you can write in the text, save it as a text file,…and bring it in, or you can actually…just choose the text tool and enter your own text.…
This is the easier way of doing it.…Click Import, and you can see, there it is, right there.…So if I just pull it over.…Now, there's a lot of text there.…So, the first thing I want to do is change the font.…We're going to change the font to Helvetica,…and the other thing we're going to do is knock it down in size,…we're going to make it 14 pixels.…And we'll keep it flush left,…but we're going to get rid of some of the text in here,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.