There are times when the content in front of a background image needs the full attention of the user. In this video learn how to apply a background blur to that image to do just that.
- [Instructor] Now that the tour screen is…somewhat complete, it's time to turn our…attention to the sign in screen.…We have to admit, it's pretty bland.…Big white background here, so the decision…has been made, we're going to throw an image in there.…We want something strong that says Beijing…and we have just the image.…Let's head over to our chapter to download…There's a templedog.jpg image there,…just drop it in.…And when you drop it in, you come to the…realization that yes, indeed, that is one…seriously strong image, that's no problem.…
There's a really cool feature that's been added…to experience design.…Down here, it's called background blur, let's…take a look at how we can use this to sort of…add some drama but at the same time not overpower.…To add a background blur, what you do is…you just add a rectangle over the image to be…blurred, just like that, where the…background image is to be blurred.…Select background blur and boom it's gone.…Now, the controls here, this is the amount of the blur…as you can see, this is the strength of the blur,…
- Navigating the XD interface
- Using artboards and grids
- Adding content to layers
- Using the Repeat Grid feature
- Adding interactivity to a project
- Exporting content
- Sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the XD Assets panel, Experience Design symbols, Creative Cloud Libraries, and pinning comments.
UX Foundations: Accessibilitywith Derek Featherstone1h 20m Beginner
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Adobe Experience Design
2. Going from Concept to Interactive Prototype
3. Working with Images and Vectors
4. Build Stuff in Experience Design
5. Publishing and Developer Handoff
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.