Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding participant status icons, part of Adobe Connect Essential Training.
- [Instructor] During your presentations in Connect,…you might choose to leave your participants' microphones…disabled while you or other presenters are speaking.…This cuts down on idle chit chat…or distractions during the presentation.…But there are often times when a participant…has something useful to interject during the presentation,…or has a relevant question.…They may even want to bring something technical…to your attention, such as the fact…that you forgot to turn your own mike on…and no one can hear you.…Fortunately, even with audio for participants disabled,…there are still tools for them…to be able to get your attention.…The Chat pod one way for them to send…a general message out to you or to the other attendees,…but you may not have the Chat pod open.…
So one tool that's always available…to participants is the Set Status button found here…in the menu bar.…And I'm also currently locked into…this meeting in another browser as a participant,…so you can see how this works from both sides.…I'm gonna switch over to that browser.…
- Creating meetings, users, and groups
- Setting up audio
- Passcode protecting a room
- Video conferencing
- Recording and editing meetings
- Managing participants
- Sharing your screen
- Creating break-out rooms
- Working with the Chat pod
- Polling your audience
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
1. Creating Meetings
2. Managing Participants
3. Basic Presenting
4. Optimizing the Presentation Experience
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.