When dealing with shapes in Animate, you can create the vectors as simple shape objects, or you can choose to create them as something called a drawing object with Object Drawing mode enabled.
- [Instructor] When dealing with shapes in animate,…we can create the vectors as simple shape objects,…or we can choose to create them as something…called a drawing object, with drawing object mode enabled.…Let's go ahead and choose the Ellipse tool…and we'll set the stroke to this little swatch right here.…This is a special swatch that…disables the stroke entirely.…Be sure that object drawing mode is off,…and select a specific color for the fill…that's going to show up against our light background.…
I'll now go ahead and draw out a circle,…and maybe three circles of different sizes,…choosing the Selection tool…I'll go ahead and select one of the circles…I've just created, and drag it onto and overlapping…another one of the circles.…I'll select the additional circle…and do the same thing.…If I de select everything, and then go ahead…and re select Object, we can see that…it is now a joined shape.…
In Animate CC, if you're using…basic shapes and they overlap, they will…combine in this way.…That's the way that you can create…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.