Symbols in Animate allow the smart reuse of content, and each symbol type has its own special attributes. Go ahead and create a movie clip symbol to act as your navigation bar for this project.
- [Instructor] Symbols in Animate…allow the smart reuse of content…and each symbol type has its own special attributes.…Let's go ahead and create a movie clip symbol…to act as our navigation bar for this project.…The first thing I'll do is down in the timeline…create a new layer at the top of the layer stack…and we'll rename this to LinkBar.…And with that layer selected,…let's go ahead and choose the rectangle primitive tool…and note that if you don't see that right away,…if you see the rectangle tool instead,…you can always long press to access it…since the two are grouped together.…
As you can see here,…I've already got a stroke and fill supplied.…So the stroke is hex value AC5430…at 100% alpha transparency…and if we look at the fill,…this is hex value A55D00…with a 36% alpha transparency.…I've set my stroke value to eight,…my style for now is solid…and my width is just the normal width profile.…
However, since this is a primitive,…I'm going to take advantage…of the rounded rectangle option here…and just pop in a border radius of eight…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.