Another feature of shapes in Animate is that they can be used to mask content through their use in conjunction with a special mask layer. The mask can even be animated with a shape tween—enabling some pretty nifty effects.
- [Instructor] Another feature of shapes in Animate…is that they can be used to mask content…through their use in conjunction…with a special mask layer.…The mask can even be animated with a shape tween…enabling some pretty nifty effects.…Let's lock down our slash layer…and select the photo layer.…With the photo layer selected, if we choose to create…a new layer, that new layer will be positioned…directly above the photo layer.…This is going to contain our mask…so let's double click and name this photo mask.…
Within our photo mask layer let's go ahead…and go to the first frame and choose the ellipse tool.…Now I'm going to disable my stroke entirely for this…and for my fill if I create a mask…I usually choose this green color here…because it really stands out from other elements…inside of my project.…It's just a personal indicator,…you can actually use any color you want for a mask.…Alright so with the ellipse tool what I'm going to do…is have a circle that sort of grows to reveal the photograph…so I'll click and hold down both shift and alt or option…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.