This release of Animate introduces two new properties for HTML5 Canvas video components: mute and poster. Setting a still poster frame before the video plays and being able to initially mute the video are two welcome additions to this component.
- [Instructor] This release of Animate includes…two new properties for HTML5 Canvas video components,…Mute and Poster.…Let's have a look at how to implement these properties…and how they affect behavior of the components.…So, inside of this document,…I have our video component selected…and, having a peek in the Properties panel,…within the Component Parameters,…we can see that we've set the source to fountain.mp4,…which is a video file which exists…alongside the FLA file that we have open here.…
To see this play back,…let's go ahead and do a Control, Test.…Alright, so Autoplay is set to off…and I'm going to bring the volume down a bit here,…because it could be a little loud,…and then hit Play.…Alright, so one thing that you might notice…is that I had to pull the volume down.…Another thing to notice, if I refresh this,…is that initially there's actually nothing visible,…because we're not autoplaying anything.…
Let's fix both of these things…by going back into Animate.…Alright, with our video still selected, we can go down…
- Enhanced animation tooling
- Frame Picker enhancements
- Custom ease presets for shape tweens
- Resetting the camera position
- Interactivity enhancements
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover general enhancements to Adobe Animate CC, including changes to the interface, timeline enhancements, the updated Actions Wizard, and using the camera with layer depth.