Using the Gradient Transform tool, you have full control over how a gradient swatch is applied to vector shapes in an Animate project. Now that you’ve adjusted the gradient overlay, the background of your project receives a small, but significant visual enhancement.
- [Instructor] Using the Gradient Transform Tool,…we have full control over how a gradient swatch is applied…to vector shapes in an Animate project.…So here if use the Selection Tool…to go ahead and select the object on our grad layer…with a linear gradient applied to it,…we can press upon the Free Transform Tool…and a menu appears allowing us…to also select the Gradient Transform Tool,…which is grouped with it.…With the Gradient Transform Tool selected,…we're able to do things such as shift the center point…of our gradient.…
We can also scale the gradient,…squishing it down or expanding it,…and most importantly for our use case here,…we can use this little corner circle…to actual rotate our gradient.…Let's go ahead and zoom out a little bit, 50%,…just to make sure that we get this gradient transformed…to exactly 90 degrees.…We'll also need to scale this down a bit,…and once again, shift it just slightly.…
And what we're looking for…are no lines.…You can see right here, we've got a bit of a line.…We don't really want that.…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.