While the Frame Picker isn’t completely new to Animate, there are a number of useful enhancements which make working with graphic symbols a bit more enjoyable. All of this combined with existing functionality makes the Frame Picker panel something worth getting familiar with.
- [Instructor] While the frame picker itself isn't completely new to Animate, there are a number of useful enhancements which make working with graphic symbols a bit more enjoyable. Within our FLA document here, we can see that there are a number of things already laid out on the stage, including this coffee cup. I have the cup layer unlocked, and selecting the cup object on the stage allows us to view its properties. We can see it's a graphic symbol, and an instance of the cup graphic symbol.
We can also see under looping options that we have this set to view a single frame. Let's open up the frame picker panel, and we can see that we have six different styles of coffee cup to choose from. The enhanced frame picker panel includes a check box that allows automatic creation of key frames when selecting from the various frames presented here. You can also choose to filter by all frames, key frames, or those frames which include labels.
I'm gonna go ahead and choose coffee cup number one for this project, so simply clicking on that image replaces the coffee cup visual on the stage with the one located on frame one of our graphic symbol. These enhancements, combined with existing functionality, make the frame picker panel something worth getting familiar with.
- Enhanced animation tooling
- Frame Picker enhancements
- Custom ease presets for shape tweens
- Resetting the camera position
- Interactivity enhancements
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover general enhancements to Adobe Animate CC, including changes to the interface, timeline enhancements, the updated Actions Wizard, and using the camera with layer depth.