Dynamic text allows you to change the text at runtime through code—but there are some extra steps to know about to use this feature properly.
- [Narrator] Dynamic text allows you to change the text…at run time through code, but there are some extra steps…to know about to use this feature properly.…So, if I go and choose the text tool here,…and switch from static text to dynamic text.…I can then go ahead and click…and just type in any sort of text I want.…However, when I publish this text,…it's not going to automatically render…the font outlines for me as it does…with static text, simply because it's dynamic.…
It doesn't know which characters to use.…Depending upon our document target platform,…we can always either embed the particular font…that we want to use, in the instance of…an action script three document like this,…or we can use a web font if we are targeting…the native web through something like html five canvas.…For instance if we wanted to embed a particular font…in an action script three document like this,…we can hit the embed button right here…and we can name the font and give it any name we want,…I just called this embedded font,…and then in the font family we can make further selections,…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.