The new Camera tool in Animate CC allows a more expressive degree of storytelling through the use of zoom, pan, and rotation, upon the entire stage. The camera in Animate CC truly provides an entirely new level of expressive movement to animated projects.
- [Instructor] The new camera tool in Animate CC allows a more expressive degree of storytelling through the use of zoom, pan and rotation upon the entire stage. Let's have a look at the camera tool. You'll find it within the tools panel over here next to the hand tool and the zoom tool. And once we select the camera tool this nice UI overlay appears on the stage. From here we're able to select whether we want to use the zoom and pan or whether we want to use the rotation.
So to actually zoom we can use these controls here to zoom in or zoom out. If we wanted to pan you'll notice as I hover over the stage that we get a special icon that shows that we can move the camera. So doing this allows us to pan both left and right. The trick here is that when you actually move left or right the view is going to be inverted. So as I move to the right here my actual view pans left.
It's just something to remember as you move the camera around. Additionally we have the rotation tool and that allows us to rotate the entire stage as well. It is also possible to use the pan tool when using rotation. If we want to go ahead and reset our zoom or rotation here, as we can see it's -8 rotation right now. To reset that I can just set that to zero degrees and there we are.
If we wanted to of course change the zoom percentage from here we could do that as well. To remove these UI overlays from view all we need to do is select a different tool and they go away. You'll notice as well that we have a special camera layer on our timeline now. Now if you don't want to see this layer as you're working on other things you can always turn it off with this little remove camera button. Notice when we do that we then have our full animation without the camera, and if I want to view the camera once again I can click add camera to do so.
The camera in Animate CC truly provides an entirely new level of expressive movement to animated projects.
- Panning, zooming, and rotating with the new Camera tool
- Sharing documents and symbols in CC Libraries
- Creating vector brushes
- Adjusting brush pressure, tilt, and size
- Using interactive HTML5 components
- Exporting images and animated GIFs with the enhanced Export dialog