Button symbols in Animate have a special timeline composed of four distinct frames in order to emulate the various common states of a button. In this video, see how to design a button symbol to use within the project navigation.
- [Instructor] Button symbols in Animate…have a special timeline composed of four distinct frames…in order to emulate the various common states of a button.…We'll now design a button to multi use…within the product navigation,…and from here, we can choose some tool settings options.…This allows us to choose between a polygon or a star,…the number of sides, and the star point size.…Let's go ahead and keep these default as is,…and we're going to go ahead, as well, turning off our…stroke, pulling our alpha transparency back up to 100,…and then pasting in a dark brown hex color.…
So, 713820.…The star itself is going to be about 80 pixels,…and it's going to have to fit inside of our bar, here.…So, you see what I did, here.…I actually created that on my photo layer.…That's a big no-no.…I don't want to do that.…So, if you make a mistake like this,…you can always select the object,…right click, and choose cut, that will remove it.…I'm going to lock down my photo layer,…and I can unlock the PhotoMask layer now,…and let's just create this on the LinkBar layer.…
- Setting up your project and workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Working with text
- Editing images
- Managing your timeline layers
- Creating symbols
- Animating with tweens
- Animating the camera
- Adding interactions
- Publishing Animate projects
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: Interactive Animationwith Joseph Labrecque1h 44m Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances and the Camera
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.