Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching layers to the camera, part of Adobe Animate CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Previous to this release of Animate CC,…if the camera was enabled, there was no way…to exclude specific layers from camera movement.…We can now attach those layers to the camera,…which results in those layers being unaffected…by camera movement.…So, what I have right here is a simple animation.…If I hit play, we can see that it goes through,…and there's really nothing going on…because we need to enable our camera.…So if I enable the camera…and hit play again,…then we can see the actual camera effects…moving here and there.…
However, there is really nothing exciting going on…in terms of parallax scrolling or anything else…because Advanced Layers are off.…Let's go ahead and turn those on,…Use Advanced Layers.…And now if I rewind and hit play again,…we can see all the exciting, new…parallax scrolling stuff going on,…thanks to Advanced Layers and the layer depth panel.…However, you'll notice I have Frames and Titles.…
And they're invisible right now,…so I'm going to toggle both of those back on…and go back to the beginning.…
- Enhanced animation tooling
- Frame Picker enhancements
- Custom ease presets for shape tweens
- Resetting the camera position
- Interactivity enhancements
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover general enhancements to Adobe Animate CC, including changes to the interface, timeline enhancements, the updated Actions Wizard, and using the camera with layer depth.