Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced layers and layer depth, part of Adobe Animate CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The new Advanced Layers feature…works in tandem with the new Layer Depth panel.…This allows you to specify how near…or far any specific layer is…in front of or behind the virtual camera.…Layer depth is completely tweenable,…allowing objects to move across layers…as an animation progresses.…Now, I have an animation right here…which is basically a series of classic tweens,…and these objects just sort of move back forth right now.…
But, it would be great if these objects,…instead of simply moving back and forth…across this main object here,…could actually loop around and go behind.…Layer depth makes this possible,…and in order to actually see this and work with it,…we need to turn on Advanced Layer mode.…To do that, in the timeline above all of your layers,…you'll notice this little button.…Right now it's set to off.…Let's turn that on,…and we get a little dialogue asking…if we want to use Advanced Layers.…
As it says here, this turns your layers into symbols.…Enable this to access advanced features…like arranging layers on Z-depth,…
- Enhanced animation tooling
- Frame Picker enhancements
- Custom ease presets for shape tweens
- Resetting the camera position
- Interactivity enhancements
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover general enhancements to Adobe Animate CC, including changes to the interface, timeline enhancements, the updated Actions Wizard, and using the camera with layer depth.