Have a basic understanding of how AdSense can also be used for games and video (YouTube)
- [Voiceover] In addition to using Google AdSense…to monetize your website or blog,…you can also use Google AdSense…to monetize video games that you develop…or video that you're just playing on your website.…Because this is an advanced feature of Google AdSense,…it won't be covered in full detail…in the Basics course of AdSense,…but it's important to note where…you can access and apply to use these features.…To apply for AdSense for games and video,…navigate to the My Ads section…of your Google AdSense account.…From here, go ahead and click on the link…on the left side of your screen that says Other Products.…
On the page that appears, you have the option…to apply for AdSense for games and AdSense for video.…If you plan on uploading videos to your website…and monetizing them with advertisements,…one of your best options is probably…to upload those videos to YouTube, which,…by the way, it is also owned by Google,…and then monetize those videos using the YouTube platform.…This method of monetizing your videos will generally…
- Name the two primary variables that determine the revenue a publisher makes from an ad.
- Determine the appropriate ad unit size for your needs.
- Explore custom channels to track the performance of groups of ad units.
- Explain how to block ads and the impact this can have on your overall revenue.
- Recognize the differences between an administrator and a standard user.
- Identify the steps necessary to export data.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.