Understand what an ad unit is, how they work and where they can be placed on your website
- [Voiceover] As we learned earlier in the video series,…Google AdSense decides which actual advertisements…will appear on our website.…That being said,…we still need to decide how many ads we will display,…where they will be displayed,…and what size the advertisements will be.…To do this,…we need to create what are called ad units.…We will then place the ad units on our site…where we would like the ads to appear.…Google will then automatically place…the actual advertisements in those ad units…based on the bids submitted by advertisers.…
Publishers can create an individual ad unit…for a specific page on their site,…general ad units that will be displayed…on multiple web pages,…or a mix of both.…To make things easier to manage,…it's probably best to create general ad units…that can fit, either within the header,…body, or sidebar of your site…so that ads will automatically show up…without you having to create another ad unit…every time you publish a new article or blog post.…Placing the ad units within your website…
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
Google AdWords Essential Trainingwith Brad Batesole3h 28m Beginner
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.