Have an idea of some of the limitations of Google AdSense
- [Voiceover] In the last video,…we went over the earning power of Google AdSense.…At this point, you may be starting to see…some of the limitations of using Google AdSense.…Again, you can make a full-time income off AdSense,…but it's not likely and it takes a lot of work…and effort to receive enough impressions to do so.…That being said, Google AdSense is best used…as a supplemental form of revenue for your website…and not necessarily the primary form of revenue.…Also, remember that as a publisher,…you're letting Google AdSense automatically…place advertisements on your website.…
This means that you have a limited ability…to review and approve ads before they appear on your site.…Advertisers are also letting Google automatically…place their ads on websites without a full thorough review.…Because of this, advertisers are probably not willing…to pay quite as much as if they had…handpicked and approved specific websites…that they know will attract their target audience.…By using AdSense, you're allowing Google…
- Name the two primary variables that determine the revenue a publisher makes from an ad.
- Determine the appropriate ad unit size for your needs.
- Explore custom channels to track the performance of groups of ad units.
- Explain how to block ads and the impact this can have on your overall revenue.
- Recognize the differences between an administrator and a standard user.
- Identify the steps necessary to export data.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.