Learn how to determine if your ads are being seen by your users or if you should position them differently
- [Voiceover] As we've been talking about…the performance report section of Google AdSense,…there's been one metric that I haven't yet mentioned…and I do want to mention it in this video…and that is the active view viewable metric,…as you can see on the right side of my screen.…So right now I'm in the performance report…section of Google AdSense…and I just have the default report pulled up…and what this metric means is…it means what percentage of your advertisements…are viewable to the user for at least more than one second.…Now this is a really important metric…because it deals with where you're…placing the ads on your website.…
If all of your ads are towards the bottom of your website…and most users never scroll that far down,…then you're going to have a very low…percentage of active view viewable,…which means that a very low percentage…of users that access your website are actually…seeing the advertisement,…which is going to result in fewer clicks and less revenue.…So we can see that for our sample data…about 77% of our ads are actively viewable,…
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Google AdWords Essential Trainingwith Brad Batesole3h 28m Beginner
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.