Learn how to determine if your ads are being seen by your users or if you should position them differently
- [Voiceover] As we've been talking about…the performance report section of Google AdSense,…there's been one metric that I haven't yet mentioned…and I do want to mention it in this video…and that is the active view viewable metric,…as you can see on the right side of my screen.…So right now I'm in the performance report…section of Google AdSense…and I just have the default report pulled up…and what this metric means is…it means what percentage of your advertisements…are viewable to the user for at least more than one second.…Now this is a really important metric…because it deals with where you're…placing the ads on your website.…
If all of your ads are towards the bottom of your website…and most users never scroll that far down,…then you're going to have a very low…percentage of active view viewable,…which means that a very low percentage…of users that access your website are actually…seeing the advertisement,…which is going to result in fewer clicks and less revenue.…So we can see that for our sample data…about 77% of our ads are actively viewable,…
- Name the two primary variables that determine the revenue a publisher makes from an ad.
- Determine the appropriate ad unit size for your needs.
- Explore custom channels to track the performance of groups of ad units.
- Explain how to block ads and the impact this can have on your overall revenue.
- Recognize the differences between an administrator and a standard user.
- Identify the steps necessary to export data.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.