Learn what the primary features of Google AdSense are and how to can leverage them
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video we're going to take a look at the Google AdSense homepage and go over some of its primary features and benefits. If you visit google.com/adsense you'll be taken to the AdSense homepage. From here we can use the navigation bar at the top of the page to explore how AdSense works. If you click on the Benefits link in the navigation bar you'll be brought to a page that explains why AdSense may be a good fit for you. On this page we can see that AdSense connects our website and our content to display ads that are high quality and that are relevant to the visitors viewing our site.
The number of advertisers on AdSense is constantly growing and as a publisher this is great news because more advertisers means more competition and in turn more revenue. As you'll see later on in the course Google allows us to block and review ads that are being displayed on our website to make sure that they're appropriate for our audience. AdSense features ad units that are responsive meaning they automatically adjust based on the device the visitor is using to access your site. This means that AdSense ads work on mobile devices without being misaligned or hidden.
From within the Google AdSense platform we also have access to detailed analytics and reports that will help us optimize our website and make changes as we go to earn more revenue moving forward. If we click on the How It Works link in the navigation bar Google provides us with a quick overview of how AdSense works. We first decide which type of ads we'd like to display on our website. Then we decide where we want those ads to appear. AdSense will then automatically fill those spaces with ads and then we get paid when users view or click on those ads.
Throughout this course we're going to cover all of the smaller steps inbetween so that you can get setup properly with AdSense and begin to earn revenue. If you click on the Success Stories link in the navigation bar you'll be brought to a page that features testimonials from publishers that have had success using AdSense. Feel free to take a look at some of these videos below to see how others have had success with AdSense. Lastly, Google also has a few resources available to you if you run into problems when using Google AdSense.
To view these resources you can click on the Resources link in the navigation bar. This page contains a number of links and articles and also gives you access to the AdSense help center which will help you get the most out of Google AdSense.
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app