Understand what display advertising is on the internet
- [Voiceover] In order to make the most out…of the Google Ad Sense tool.…It's first important to have an understanding…of display advertising in general.…How it works, the different ways of implementing it,…and what its limitations are.…At it's core, display advertising is when certain areas…of a website or blog are reserved and sold…to advertisers for them to promote…a particular product or service.…The pricing and methods for determining the value…of a display advertising can differ depending…on the goals of the website owner.…
Web ads spots can be sold for a monthly,…quarterly, or annual flat rate.…They can be sold based on the number…of actions a particular ad receives.…For example, a website owner might get paid for…an ad when a user actually clicks on the ad…and submits their email address for more information.…This payment method generally benefits…the advertiser more than the website owner.…Ads can also be sold based on the number of clicks…that they receive.…That's called CPC.…Additionally, display ads can be sold based…
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
Google AdWords Essential Trainingwith Brad Batesole3h 28m Beginner
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.