Understand how ad networks work and where ads on your site will come from
- [Voiceover] Now that we have an understanding…of the different ways…that the values of display ads can be determined,…it's important to understand what ad networks are.…Ad networks consist of both publishers…that will display advertisements on their websites,…and advertisers that will pay for the ads.…Publishers within the ad network set aside…specific areas within their website for ads…to be displayed from advertisers.…Which is what we'll be doing with Google AdSense.…In an ad network advertisers can choose the keywords…and topics of websites that they'd like their ads…to be displayed on.…
At the same time they also specify the maximum bid price…that they're willing to pay for their ad.…For a particular ad placement location on a website,…the ad network will compare the bid price…from all of the advertisers…that would like their ad to be displayed in that spot.…That is, the advertisers that specified that keywords,…categories, and topics that are inline…with the offered ad position.…Of all of the advertisers…
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.