Track the performance of custom groups of ad units in Google AdSense
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll discuss…what custom channels are,…how they can help you monitor…the performance of your ad units,…and how to implement custom channels…in your AdSense account.…Custom channels in AdSense provide a way…to track the performance of groups of ad units…on your website.…As we'll see later on in the course,…the performance of each individual unit can be tracked…in the Performance reports section of AdSense.…What if, however, you want to track the combined performance…of a specific group of ad units on your website?…For example, let's say you have two ad units…that are displayed on your homepage…and you want to track the combined performance…of these two ad units,…you could easily do so by creating a custom channel…that includes both of these ad units.…
To get started on custom channels,…we need to navigate to the My ads section of Adsense.…As you can see here in the My ads section,…I've created two Leaderboard ad units…that are designated to be displayed…on my website's homepage.…To track the combined performance of these ad units,…
- Name the two primary variables that determine the revenue a publisher makes from an ad.
- Determine the appropriate ad unit size for your needs.
- Explore custom channels to track the performance of groups of ad units.
- Explain how to block ads and the impact this can have on your overall revenue.
- Recognize the differences between an administrator and a standard user.
- Identify the steps necessary to export data.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.