Learn how to review and block specific ads that have appeard on your website
- [ Voiceover] On certain occasions,…you may want to block some of the advertisements…or certain ads from certain categories…that are showing up on your website.…It's important to understand that…by doing this you are limiting the number…of advertisers that can bid on placing ads…within your ad units.…So this may have a negative effect…on your overall revenue.…That being said,…let's take a look at how we can block ads…using Google AdSense.…From the AdSense homepage,…click on the link in the top navigation labeled…Allow , block ads.…On the page that appears,…we have a number of different options…on how we can block ads from appearing on our site.…
In the first tab the advertiser URLs tab,…we can add specific URLs to block ads…that lead to those URLs from appearing on our site.…This is a pretty tedious way of blocking ads,…but it may come in handy for certain situations.…To block an ad based on its destination URL,…simply copy and paste the ads destination URL…into the box below…and then click on the Block URLs button.…
- Understanding ad networks and AdSense's limitations
- Learning which situations are best for using AdSense
- Setting up an AdSense account
- Creating new ad units
- Displaying ads on a website
- Configuring channels and ad styles
- Allowing and blocking ads
- Reviewing the AdSense dashboard
- Running AdSense reports and custom reports
- Exporting data
- Reviewing payee and account settings
- Downloading the AdSense mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on Google native ads, which match the look and feel of your site.
1. Understanding Google AdSense
2. Getting Started with AdSense
3. Configuring Ads
4. Customizing Your AdSense Experience
5. Measuring AdSense Performance
6. Advanced Administration
Next steps2m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.