Learn the skills you need to plan, implement, and maintain a public key infrastructure (PKI) ecosystem that supports SSL/TLS security certificates.
- [Dan] Hi and welcome, I'm Dan Lachance. Over the years, I've done IT work in the form of programming, network administration, teaching classes, and security auditing. And all too often, I've seen security holes that are easily mitigated. This course not only exposes you to PKI, SSL, and TLS, but it will also define how, and why specific configurations should and should not be used. So what will be covered in this course? We'll start by talking about Public Key Infrastructure and it's relationship to encryption, hashing, and digital signatures.
We'll also demonstrate how to install and configure PKI solutions on the Windows and Linux platforms. We'll talk about Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL, as well as Transport Layer Security, or TLS, which are used to secure network communications.
- Symmetric and asymmetric encrypting
- How certificates are issued and managed
- Configuring a Linux OpenSSL PKI environment
- How TLS supersedes SSL and is considered more secure
- Acquiring a web server certificate
- Acquiring a code-signing certificate
- Configuring a website with a certificate
- Securing files and folders with EFS
- Configuring a TLS VPN