Learn the tools and best practices for creating and giving presentations with a Promethean board.
- Hello, and welcome to Up and Running with Promothean ActivInspire. This course is going to explore the tools, and best practices, to use in a Promothean board in your classroom. We will briefly touch on the technical setup of a Promothean board, and then dive deeper into the software that makes it all work, ActivInspire. Throughout the chapters, we will look at how to use a Promothean board in lieu of a whiteboard or chalkboard, and also how to create interactive presentations that your students can use for exploratory and self-guided learning. An underlying theme for this course is student-centered teaching, and I will discuss tips and tricks that allow students to become key players in the operation and use of your Promothean board.
You can also test your learning with several challenges along the way. I hope you enjoy the content we will create together, as we dive into Promothean boards, and the ActivInspire software.
- Setting up a Promethean board
- Syncing your computer with your Promethean board
- Creating new presentations
- Annotating over your desktop
- Recording videos
- Adding timed quiz questions
- Controlling interactions in the Property Browser
- Using Magic Ink
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up a Promethean Board
2. Exploring the ActivInspire Software
3. Teaching with a Promethean Board
4. Creating ActivInspire Interactive Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.