Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video What is ActionScript and why should I learn it?, part of Learning ActionScript.
In this lesson, we'll examine some of the general attributes of ActionScript, how …it can be used and some compelling reasons to learn such a language. …So, what is ActionScript? ActionScript is an object oriented …programming language. What that means is that it uses many of …the object oriented programming paradigms such as data obstruction, encapsulation, …modularity, and enheritance. It's very similar to Java or C#.…
- What is ActionScript and why should I learn it?
- ActionScript 2.0 vs. ActionScript 3.0
- Implementing external source code
- Working in Flash Professional and Flash Builder
- Understanding language fundamentals
- Working with ActionScript objects