ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS4 Professional for Designers
People often see cool web applications like YouTube and wonder how they were created. The answer in many cases is with ActionScript and Flash. ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS4 for Designers is an introductory course that teaches new designers the building blocks of web programming. Todd Perkins covers the development of web applications from the ground up, starting with basic programming, terminology, and coding syntax. He also covers how to use keyboard controls, mouse actions, and drag-and-drop actions to allow users to interact with the applications. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Working with loops to show repeated actions
- Defining functions and variables
- Handling events and event listeners
- Using classes to organize code
- Building arrays to hold lists of information
- Loading external content from various files
- Adding images and sound to an application
(Music playing.) Welcome to ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS4 for Designers. I am Todd Perkins. As an Adobe certified instructor I have spent a lot of time showing people the ins and outs of Adobe's web development software. With this new version of ActionScript, they have made my job a little easier. It's not only faster and offers more compatibility but they have made the language more intuitive, which means we can read and write programs without having to go back to the manual to figure it out.
In this course, I will show you how to get the most out of the marriage of ActionScript and Flash. You'll get a solid foundation on the fundamentals and you will see how to work with variables, understand and use functions, work with display objects, handle events, create loops and arrays, loading media, and manipulating text. Yes, it sounds like a lot but I will be walking you through it step by step, so by the time you are done, you will be comfortable using ActionScript to enhance your Flash applications. Now let's start loading ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS4 for Designers.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS4 Professional for Designers .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: After creating a preloader as shown in the "Creating a preloader" movie, an error message reading "Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference" appears when the preloader is placed in the timeline. How can this issue be resolved?
- A: There is most likely a typo in the code. Unfortunately, Error 1009 is the most vague error in Flash and means the code trying to reference an object that doesn't exist (hence the likeliness of a typo). The best fix is to go through the code one character at a time to make sure everything is correct.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views