Flash CS4 Professional Audio Techniques
Flash CS4 Professional Audio Techniques shows how integrating audio into Flash projects can create a more engaging and interesting viewer experience. Instructor Todd Perkins dives deep into the details of manipulating audio in Flash using ActionScript 3.0. He demonstrates how to monitor a song's playback progress, display this information for viewers, and create a viewable playlist for multiple songs using XML data. Through the course of the tutorials, Todd creates an audio player for the web, complete with sharing capabilities. Exercise files accompany this course.
- Playing and pausing audio in a created player class
- Controlling audio progress and showing it in a text field
- Loading XML playlist data into the final player
- Animating a volume slider and using effects to add depth
- Making Flash applications sharable
- Viewing the finished player and taking it for a spin
(Music plays.) Welcome to Flash CS4 Professional Audio Techniques. I am Todd Perkins and I will be walking you through this title, teaching you how to use object-oriented programming techniques to manipulate audio in Flash Player. We will look at how to load external sound files, how to control their playback. We'll work with building an XML playlist, controlling sound volume, sound progress and we will even talk about how to share your application over the web.
We have a lot to learn here, so let's get started.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Flash CS4 Professional Audio Techniques .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I am having trouble getting the exercise files to work for this title. For example, when I drag the progress bar of a song to another location on the slider, the movieclip always jumps back to the beginning and the song starts over. What could be causing this error?
- A: An update to Flash since the time of recording broke this functionality. The problem appears to happen when Flash compiles the SWF in Flash Player 10. If you change your publish settings to Flash Player 9 instead, you won't see any problems.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Pages 5 Essential Training158,731 Views
Numbers 3 Essential Training137,387 Views
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications176,233 Views