InDesign does a very good job of exporting tables that are properly structured. See what’s required in this video.
- [Instructor] Of all the programs…that we're covering throughout…this course, InDesign does the best job…of creating accessible tables right out of the shoot.…Not only does it have really powerful table…formatting capabilities, but even merging cells…and splitting cells are handled very well…in the resulting PDF file.…And I'd like to show that to you right now.…So, I'm on page 17 of the tables.indd file.…This is where we're going to get our start here.…
I'm going to zoom in so we can see…this a little bit better.…And I want to show you once again,…that these tables, they really are four separate tables.…Some people might build this as one big table…and that's going to be tricky to remediate,…because we've got headers that appear right…in the middle of a table.…So that creates some challenges.…But if I grab my Type Tool, which…is the only tool that you can use…in InDesign to modify a table,…you're going to notice that when I click…in the upper-left corner, that I can highlight…each one of these tables.…
These tables have been formatted…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.