The Content pane is a very powerful tool for controlling content stacking order and artifacting elements. Learn how to take advantage of the Content pane in this video.
- [Instructor] Although the Content pane…isn't strictly used for accessibility purposes,…it's an incredibly powerful tool…for fixing problems in a file and easily…artifacting objects in a document.…Let's take a closer look at how to use…this useful tool.…So, I'm beginning this video with…the content.pdf file open on my computer.…And, what I'm going to do is I'm going to…navigate to page two of this document.…If you notice, where we have these…purple bars, those are supposed to be headings.…
And I did this on purpose because…occasionally when you're tagging a document…using the Reading Order panel,…you're going to notice that you could…in fact run into a situation like this…where your text just seems to disappear.…Now, in reality, the text didn't disappear,…it's just hidden.…And this is just one of the side effects…of tagging a document when you're…working with certain elements.…And the point of this is to show you,…don't panic, but instead let's take…a look at the Contents pane to take…a look under the hood to see what's…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.