Join Claudia McCue for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Print Production Essentials: Spot Colors and Varnish.
- View Offline
In this course, I'll be showing you some techniques for creating artwork and images that use spot colors and I'll also show you how to create artwork for varnishes using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. So, to make the most of those chapters, you should already be reasonably comfortable in those programs. And of course, you'll find lots of great essential training courses here on lynda.com, to help you learn more about those applications. In addition, if you'd like to know more about print production in general, you might enjoy my print production fundamentals course.
- Why spot colors are necessary
- Making a decision between spot and process colors
- Choosing a spot color
- Understanding the effects of stock on color
- Printing spot colors digitally
- Using varnishes
- Creating a multi-tone image in Photoshop
- Adding Pantone color swatches to Illustrator
- Creating spot varnishes in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Using preflight profiles in Acrobat