In this video, learn some general knowledge of accessibility as well as what we mean when we say that a digital file is accessible as well.
- [Instructor] Generally defined, accessibility refers…to making things accessible to people…with disabilities or impairments.…We see these things all the time in our day-to-day lives,…although we may not always realize it…or pay attention to them.…Things like ramps that allow people in wheelchairs…or walking tools to get to an elevated area are commonplace…and quite important to ensure…that all users can gain access to a certain area.…Elevator buttons and restroom signs are just a few examples…of where you're likely to see Braille indicators…to make it possible for blind and visually impaired users…to determine where they need to go.…
A fantastic example…of a well thought out accessibility element is…with the European euro bills.…Did you ever notice that the value…of each banknote is a different size?…This may seem strange at first glance,…but it makes it quite easy for people…who are blind or visually impaired…to determine what bill they are holding.…This is much more difficult with the U.S. dollars.…Also, the euro note has tactile indications on them…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.