Join Claudia McCue for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Print Production Essentials: Spot Colors and Varnish.
- View Offline
If you're a premium of lynda.com or watching this on a DVD, you have access to the exercise files I'll be using. They can be found in the Exercise Files tab on the main page of the course. You'll find exercise files for each chapter within the Exercise Files folder, so you can follow along with the same project I'm working on. Now, if you don't have access to the Exercise Files you can still follow along by working from scratch using your own files. So, let's get started exploring the ways, you can enhance your print projects using spot colors and varnishes.
- Why spot colors are necessary
- Making a decision between spot and process colors
- Choosing a spot color
- Understanding the effects of stock on color
- Printing spot colors digitally
- Using varnishes
- Creating a multi-tone image in Photoshop
- Adding Pantone color swatches to Illustrator
- Creating spot varnishes in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Using preflight profiles in Acrobat